hi everybody...
both of the inside of my calf muscles right behind the shin bone are aching... after i play basketball & jog in place along with jumpin jacks ... i just started exercising every day about month ago, this pain has been occurring for about 3 weeks now... i have not exercised on a regular basis for years ...
so i stopped doing all exercise for a while but the problems still there, sometimes i get a pain just from walking alot
any suggestions would be great as far as stretches or cures
Thanks in advance

Last edited by spec on September 10th, 2008 04:00 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
hey sorry to hear about that why not try some leg stretching, standing straight put one leg forward and the other leg behind it but further back (if you know what i mean) and stretch you should feel a pulling feeling on your calf do this for about 5 min each leg and it should start to ease up the more times you do it, it worked for me hope it helps Jenny
|

replied September 10th, 2008
thanks for reply Jenny
yes i shall try that .....that stretch you describe...are you spreading your legs as far as part as possible like a split?? because i tryed that and did feel it in my calf but not really in the location of the pain?
|

replied September 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
hey yeh u can stretch that far or like you said you didnt feel where the pain was try not spreading them as far and see if that helps Smile Jenny
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The self injury forum is for people who intentionally injure themselves. We don't have a specific forum for muscle pain, but I believe you will get more answers in the "Muscular and Nerve Disorders" forum. I'm going to move it there for you.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....