Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Buzzing feeling in brain

User Profile
This is what happens to me....I start looking around because everything looks weird like a dream and I feel panic coming and all of a sudden my brain starts buzzing and all the focus goes to my eyes. I don't feel my body at all. Just warm buzzing feeling. Then if I don't snap out of it and calm down I get tunnel vision and hyperventilating, heart starts racing, and I want to scream and run. Thankfully I am able to snap out of the full one. This is the best I can explain this. Is this really panic disorder?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2017
Panic Attacks Answer A60827
First you should consult a doctor and get a complete hemogram, EKG, thyroid function tests, and any other tests recommended which will help to rule out any serious medical disorders.

If they are negative, then your symptoms are more likely to be to anxiety rather than due to any cardiac disorder.

In such a case, it would be best that you consult a psychiatrist and seek proper behavior therapy as well as medications to control your anxiety.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Panic Attacks , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.