I am at mt wits end and tired of the pain. Back in October of 2008, I with my family hauled a couple cord of wood. We cut it, hauled it home and stacked it. Well, starting the next day, I could hardly walk or use my arms, I had went to the Dr. after a couple of weeks, (actually to date, 17 times)they gave me blood tests and meds, then finally decided it was Bursitis and Tendonitis with Inflammation. I was sent to Physical Therapy twice, the first time they told me there was nothing else they could do for me. I then saw a Rheumatologist which gave me 4 cortisone shots March 5th 2009, 1 in each hip Bursa and 1 in each Shoulder Bursa. (OWEE PAINFUL). But the relief was instant, but only for about 2 months. She gave me exercises to do for the rest of my life and I've been doing them faithfully every day. The pain is back and I am taking 7.5 mg of Meloxicam and Arthritis strength Tylenol every 6 hours. I have to go back to the Dr. again on Tuesday for a follow up and more blood tests. I thought I could do the Corti shots again, but I don't think I can handle it again. Could something else be going on? A friend suggested MS, Lupus, or Polymyalgia Rheumatica, she said that can sometimes happen with a severe injury. I know that it takes time to heal, but I feel I should have progressed more than this. Sorry this is so long. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
A very common cause for this type of pain is a pinched nerve from a disc bulge or herniation. Other causes include low back muscle strain or ligament sprain. It is suggested to consult with a chiropractor for these types of pain. The treatments are very affective in relieving pain and fixing the problem instead of covering up the symptoms.
Have you had a low back MRI or Xray? This is something that should have been done first.
Good luck

Antonio Marotta, D.C.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is bursitis and how does it affect the body. Learn bursitis basics here....
Tenderness or pain in a joint may be caused by bursitis. But what causes bursitis? And who is at risk of developing this joint problem?...
How can you tell if you are experiencing bursitis? We review the common symptoms of bursitis as well as the characteristics of bursitis pain in this section....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.