Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

burns after I urinate and I get pains in my abdomin?

User Profile
Okay my question is, I recently went to the doctor because I had lower abdominal pain and it burned when I urinated. When i went they had me do a urin specimen and they said that everything was negitive. They didnt know why this was happening, so they gave me Ciproflocacin. I'm on the medicine but it still kind of burns after I urinate and I get the pains in my abdominal area happen like twice a day. Could this mean that i have a STD?

P.S. I did have sex, but it was with a condom.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2011
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A21599
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Pain in the lower abdomen and/or pelvis, and vagina can be due to infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, UTI, STD, uterine fibroids, urinary bladder infection or cystitis. If you do not have any discharge and there is no other symptom then it can also be due to pinched nerve (either pudendal or spinal). These conditions are broadly classified as chronic pelvic pain syndrome. The intensity of pain depends on the degree of inflammation and thus compression. This can vary.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your gynecologist regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.