Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Burning stomach and trapped gas in throat with some tightness

I have been having a trapped gas feeling in my throat along with a dull burning feeling in my stomach for the last 4-5 days.Just yesterday night i kept force-burping the gas to the point where i noticed my throat was kind of tight after trying to sallow. and after some atempts at forcing the saliva down my throat, my stomach started to burn and i felt like vomiting after every attempt at sallowing water or saliva. the most i'd got from the vomiting feeling was a hard-dry cough.

right now its gotten better, i can sallow my saliva without vomiting or have much of a burning feeling though the throat is still sort of tight. I dont feel any acid in my mouth, no pains in my chest, vomiting feelings do not occur after eating most of the time and everything else is fine other than my throat and stomach. Also all of this only happened after i ate instant laksa and drank coke. I feel like i may have drunk the coke in a bad way because only after eating something else did i start feeling like vomiting and the burning feeling occured.

My mom is very relunctent on trusting doctors to treat me by medication since she believes the medicine doctors have are prone to side-effects and unreliable (She has her own stash of medicines for lots of things). She has agreed at least to take me to one for only diagnosis

Also s it true that acid reflux is from "too little acid"? can probiotics help with this? are there natural remedies to treat this? how much time does it take to usually go away?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
you could try a teasp of baking soda and water for now and it tha does not help you should go to a reliable dr. yogurt might help.........stay away from soda for now.
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Its acid reflux. Diet lifestyle adjustments, losing weight and supportive medications will help. Visit our GERD health center for further guidance.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.