Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Burning sensation in urethra and discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I am 21 years of age. I have had two children. One is 4 years old the other is 6 months old. I am not on birth control or any other type of medication. I have had some burning when I urinate and constant burning sensations in my urethra the last two days on and off. Also there is some light brownish, white, red mucus like discharge from my vagina, especially after sexual intercourse. Some light cramping sometimes also. My menstruation is regular and occurs normally. I have tried cranberry juice if it is a bladder infection or UTI however there is no change to the condition so I don't think it's either of those. Do you have any idea what could be wrong with me?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A13111
Thanks for joining me on ehealthforum.
The symptoms of burning with urination and constant burning in urethra do indicate an UTI, getting a urine analysis done would help.
The cramping and altered discharge from vagina after sexual intercourse could be an indication of PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), which should be further investigated and treated.
Report to your PCP/gynecologist for a thorough examination and further investigations to see what is happening, and start with treatment based on the results of the examination and investigation findings.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.