Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Burning sensation in left side of penis and groin

User Profile
I'm seriously getting concerned. Firstly, I just moved back to the US and don't have a primary care doctor (or insurance for that matter.)

For several months now, I've been feeling a burning sensation on the left side of my penis, the left side of the pubic-bone area, the left side of my groin between the inner thigh and my penis, my scrotum, and most recently, the left side of the buttocks close to my anus.

Could this be prostate? Or anything else? For a brief time, I developed a small rash on the left inner thigh as well. I was prescribed some cream, and it ultimately went away.

The pain began about 4 months ago in the area between my thigh and scrotum, and now it feels like it's spread. I do feel discomfort when I tighten my anus. Also, sometimes if feels like there is pain *inside* my penis, at the base, closest to my abdomen.

Any help or direction would be most appreciated.

I'm 43 year, caucasian.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2017
Prostate Answer A62660
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. It looks like local discomfort. Urethritis or some other inflammation should be ruled out. Good coital and toilet habits and good hygiene will help. Abstinence from masturbation is wise.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.