Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

burning pain in my stomach along with gas, diarrhea...

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
hi, i have been experiencing burning pain in my stomach along with gas and intestine discomfort. I am also experiencing diarrhea. i first experiencednit over 2 weeks ago and it lasted for about 5 days. because it went away over the weekend i left it. but now it has come back even worse than before. i even feel the burning and everything when i am not eating. i dont think its a stomach bug anymore because it has lasted so long. i am in so much discomfort. should i go see my dr.?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A32857
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

Your symptoms and history appear to be due to Gastric reflux or gastritis. ‎

Gastritis occurs when the lining of the stomach becomes inflamed or swollen.‎

Gastritis pain occurs in the left upper portion of the abdomen and in the back. The pain seems to travel ‎‎‎‎from the belly to the back. Other symptoms of gastritis include - Belching, Nausea and vomiting, ‎‎‎‎Bloating, Feeling of fullness or burning in the upper part of the belly. ‎

Treatment of your symptoms due to acid reflux or gastritis can be tried with over the counter antacids ‎‎like Gelusil, tums, mylanta ‎‎‎and acid reducing medications like omeprazole. ‎

If they do not help, then, stronger medications that protect the stomach's lining or lessen acid ‎‎‎‎‎production in the stomach are available by prescription. ‎

You should consult with a gastroenterologist, who if needed can order gastric ‎emptying tests, or ‎endoscopies to diagnose conditions like peptic ulcer disease or gastric reflux. ‎

You may consult your doctor for proper advice ‎‎‎and appropriate treatment.‎

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.