Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Burning at tip of penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
For a month or so i have noticed some burning at the tip of my penis but never during urination or times when im just sitting there, there seems to be a HOT sensation but not a always a burning feeling down there, never any discomfort but it feels HOT...and after urination it never seems to be quite dry but never any discharge or leaking, its always wet on the inside when i pinch the tip i can see its not dry, i had some itching a while back but thats gone but never like what is described here as a possible STD...its not always present but i notice the HOT feeling when i get aroused..Any suggestions...I will be going to doctor soon but i would like a heads up what it may be...Thanks!!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2009
Penis Answer A7959
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum

Since the tip of the penis is always wet and burning, the burning sensation can be due to balanitis or infection of the glans penis. This could be a bacterial or a fungal infection.

The other possibility is eczema or dermatitis. At times this can also be due to prostatitis. Since you will be seeing a doctor soon, you can discuss this with him. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.