Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Burning and rawness in vagina

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
Recently I've been dealing with some serious vaginal discomfort. A couple months ago after being fingered I woke up the next morning with a feeling of burning and rawness in my vaginal area. I was crying throughout the next night and could find no relief. After being diagnosed with a UTI and being on antibiotics for ten days prescribed by my doctor, the feeling gradually went away or at least decreased so I could get on with my life. a few months after I had a similar feeling with no real cause that I could see. After visiting the doctor again I was given more antibiotics just incase, but I don't believe they ever did a urinalysis that time. The first time they did. Now after intercourse, I woke up again with the same burning. I can find no relief anywhere and I am in extreme pain. If there was anyway you could help me understand what to do to prevent this from happening in the future or how to stop the pain I would greatly appreciate it

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2010
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A10494

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Taking into account your symptoms, it likely seems to be recurrent UTI only. Please get your urine analysis done and you might need a urine culture as that helps in deciding the right antibiotic to be used. Please ensure that you take lots of fluids and also pass urine after the sexual intercourse. You should consult a gynaecologist for the same and get yourself physically examined.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.