User Profile
Hi, I am back again been 5 years since I was here last.

I have blood on the toilet paper when I wipe at times. The blood is not present all the times, but if I wipe really rough or if it "burns" when I go number 2. When it is bleeding I use OTC hemorrhoid treatment creams and they seem to work. I did look earlier and from what I can see has little bumps every so often. My question is what else can I do? What is causing it to burn from time to time?

Also the bleeding is usually only if I have to go to the bathroom a second time during the day. IE go when I get up, fine in most cases unless wiped vigoursly. Second time usually after a few wipes feels dry and like sandpaper on my bum. What is causing this? That is usually when I get the bleeding if I get the sandpaper feel or if it burns when I go number 2.

What can be the cause? No weight loss, no abdominal pain (outside of a pulled groin muscle from a fall). Do have a spinal cord injury that is 12 years old.

Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2017
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A62466
The spinal cord injury is unrelated to the gastrointestinal symptoms that you described. The per rectal bleeding requires further workup. stool routine examination to look for leukocytes and pus cells should be done. stool for OVA and parasites should also be advised. blood counts including ESR and a basic metabolic panel should be done. other investigation is relevant in such a case would be an ultrasound abdomen pelvis, digital rectal exam proctoscopy proctosigmoidoscopy or Colonoscopy with biopsy if required. you should consult a Gastroenterologist in this regard

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.