Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

bumps that will itch, then they burn when i sweat.

User Profile
I have a skin situation only on my face. It will break out with bumps that will itch, then they burn when i sweat. They get all dry too. RIght now my face looks like im swollen with these bumps and since my sweat makes it burn im washing my face twice a day. Whats wrong with me?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2011
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A25076
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. The symptoms can be due to heat rash or sweat dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken but preferably they should be taken after a dermatologist's prescription.

If the symptoms are worse then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: swollen, skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.