Hello, I recently developed 2 bumps on my vagina, not the inside but the outside, it's also red, itchy, and extremely painful. It hurts when I urinate, sit, or even laugh. I was reading about genital herpes but I don't have have a fever or any other symptoms, also it says the it occurs like 1 to 20 days after being infected, but me and my bf have been together for over a year now and both have been faithful. I'm freaking out and don't know what to do. I got a bump on the corner of my mouth to which has been there for about 2 weeks. Before the vagina problems started. Someone please help... sad2 sad2
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2013
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The red, itchy and painful bumps that you describe on the outside of vagina could be due to causes like folliculitis, sebaceous cyst, blocked paraurethral gland ducts, infected/blocked Bartholin’s gland duct, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation done by your doctor/gynecologist. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation. Keep area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.