Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

bumps on my pubic hair area, a little liquid came out

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
User Profile
It's been almost two months that I have seen some bumps on my pubic hair area, but they will go away. Recently one came out that was pretty big and it has been there about 3 weeks but it is healing .it was like a big pimple . It's goin away but I\'m scared that it can br like herpes . I have not been sexually active in 8 months. I dnt knw if masturbating causes this . I have been stressing a lot cuz my wife is In jail so maybe this causes it ? It hurts a little sometimes . When this came out two little ones came out and it did itch for like 5 minutes . Then little liquid came out and they got smaller. They go away then appear again . So I'm.scared because of the big one that's healing slow .looks like the skin was falling where it grew .healing bit slowly . Any help

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A31136

Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is difficult, but it seems like folliculitis or a boil. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin. It starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus.

A Boil is caused by an infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

Apply warm compresses on the bump and keep the area clean. You should consult a doctor as you might need a course of antibiotics/anti-inflammatories to take care of the same.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.