Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

bumps kind of spreading on and inside. test?

User Profile
I have some bumps by my vagina, neither hurt nor itch,like little balls. But they are kind of spreading on and inside the lips. I have no idea what they are and should I do a STD test?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A38516
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the vaginal bumps that you describe without examining them. Do not ignore your symptoms. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further examination and evaluation to look for the underlying cause. The possibilities include folliculitis, sebaceous cyst, blocked paraurethral gland ducts, infected/blocked Bartholin’s gland duct, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation done by your doctor/gynecologist. Avoid any self manipulation. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation. Keep area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.