User Profile
i have some bumps around and in the folds of my vagina and slight abdomial pain is this an std?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2010
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A17305
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Yes, vaginal bumps can be due to STDs like herpes, chancroid, syphilis, molluscum contagiosum, and venereal warts. The lumps could also be lipomas.They can even be Bartholin cysts.

The other possibilities are allergy to something that came in contact with this area like soap, powder, shaving blade, undergarments etc. It can also be a vaginal fungal infection, which does not itch initially. Simple bacterial infection, atopic dermatitis and some forms of eczema too can cause these symptoms.

It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining the lesions. Discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist. Get a STD panel done. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.