Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Bump under skin near anus

I have recently found a marble sized bump under my skin near my anus. It is painful to apply pressure on. It is not a pimple because it is under my skin. You can't even see it. But you can feel it. I am worried that it can turn into something serious.
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2010
It could be a thrombosed (clotted) external hemorrhoid. However, unfortunately, it is impossible to offer patients a specifi diagnosis over the Internet. If it persists or enlarges, then you should have your physician take a look.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.