Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

(bump under eye) blocked sinus cavity?

Last week, I woke up with a lump on my face located under my left eye on the side of my nose bridge. The size is slightly smaller than a thumbprint. It's obviously some kind of swelling, and at first I didn't feel anything. After the couple of days, I had an ENT doctor check it out, and they advised me to get an MRI, which I did. The results came out, and I was told that they weren't sure what it was and couldn't detect what it was because it was so small in the MRI result. They did say it wasn't for sure serious like a tumor or anything cancerous, but it could possibly be some swollen lymph node. It's been a little over a week since I've had the lump, and it's somehow gone down but is still for sure noticable. I'm definitely congested, and have noticed very little blood in my mucous. It doesn't hurt at all, but I do feel a little pressure on it. Sometimes when I press down on the lump, I feel like I can breathe better. I am an aspiring actress and can't have this on my face. I've tried googling around and find similar symptoms of my condition with sinusitis or something related to it. I have been using netti pot, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have also been told by my doctor that I can take steroid shots but I am afraid of the risk or negative effects of this shot or it will make the appearance worse. I dont know if I should leave it alone, but at the same time, I need my face clear being that it's pilot season and I am going on a bunch of auditions. If anyone knows of this type of medical condition, please leave me all the details and information you can, and also helpful advices. Thank you!.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2014
I have roughly the same problem periodically in the sinus cavity above my teeth and below my eye. It puts a lot of pressure on my face when it gets blocked and is quite painful. Basically what happened is I had a blockage there at one point and the area was infected. The sinus cavity expanded there and is more susceptible to infections. I could have surgery to repair the cavity, but have opted to simply get an antibiotic when I feel it acting up. I would suggest consulting a physician and asking for an antibiotic. You should start feeling it disappear within a week.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....