Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

bump puts pressure on my front teeth and nose

User Profile
I have a bump on my upper gum that puts pressure on my front teeth and also affect my nose. There was a little bump about one month ago but now it is bigger. should I go to the er since i do not have a dentist? and what could it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2013
Dental Health Answer A42062
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Bump on the gum which has increased in size can be suggestive of an abscess,gingivitis(inflammation of the gums),injury , canker sore etc. It requires a clinical examination of the oral cavity and the concerned bump to rule out the exact cause of the described bump.

You should consider visiting a Physician for evaluation once if dentist is not available. A careful examination is an integral part of diagnosis.
Till the time you meet your dentist avoid smoking, use iodine mouth wash and listerine mouth wash to keep the area clean. Oral antibiotics might be needed for treatment.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.