Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Bulimia with ADD on Adderall

how long have you been on it and how much do you take? I am a bulimic and I have come a long way over the years.. I only purge every few months.. and they're very few and far between. I just want to stop binging.. so it will be easier to fight the need to purge. I don't want to be skinny, I just want to be healthy.. I hate bulimia and I want it out of my life. Food seems to numb my anxiety and constant static going on in my head.. I think I may have ADHD.. but I'm so scared to try medication again.. my dr. tried a few different antidepressants (such as prozac) and they made me miserable and gave me suicidal thoughts i never had before... I just want this anxiety and urge to binge to go away.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
Did you have any therapy? I struggled with both anorexia and bulimia and i recently was diagnosed with ADHA. I think that no matter what medication you decide to take, it will be a good idea to get some therapy so that you can gain an insight into your disorder and understand the cause.

Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. I can understand your concern. Bulimia needs multidimensional approach. Supportive therapies, cognitive behavioural therapies, education of its side effects and group support followed by multiple antidepressants trial till you find the right dose for you. Dont lose hope. Dont give up. You can do it.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
|
Must Read
Bulimia is an eating disorder that affects people of all ages. But what are the characteristics of bulimia? And how do you know if you have it, or not?...
Bulimia is caused by social, emotional and psychological factors. But who is at risk of developing bulimia? And what factors make bulimia likely to develop?...
People with bulimia display a set of behavioral, emotional and physical signs. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of bulimia to help yourself or a loved one....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our ADD and ADHD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.