Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

bulimia... is there an end to it?

hi, i'm 16 years old, and i have been bulimic for over a year.And about a month ago i have started eating less and less everyday, i mostly only eat dinner but sometimes if i feel bad afterwards i will make myself sick and get rid of it. I was bullied about my weight when i was younger and also as i had grown up more. it is something that i struggled and still do struggle with almost all my life. i don't want to keep doing this anymore, but i feel like i can't stop. bulimia basically controls my life, and i so desperately want to be "normal" and not feel like i have to worry so much about what food i am putting in my body to just make myself sick again and just get rid of it. i want to be free of this, but it is so hard.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi taorpancake: Sure its hard as you fight with yourself..You talk yourself into the fact that you will only do it this one more time and then stop...But, you don't....You must go cold turkey and think in your mind that if you keep doing this that you are going to die...

Take one day at a time...Be positive...Be proud of yourself and think thin...Not too thin, but healthy...Take care..

Caroline...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....