Ive had bulimia for 5 years, from the age of 15 up until I turned 20. I've been in recovery for 9 months now, completely free from the binge/purge cycle. Ive been eating healthy wholesome foods and being as kind as I can to my body. My only worry is my hair. I used to have such thick long jet black hair that all my friends were jealous of. But bulimia stole it from me. I'm left with a quarter (if even) of what I used to have. You have even see my scalp if I'm not careful how I style it. I was told once I recovered my hair will come back straight away. It doesn't even look like it's getting an thicker at all Sad should I give up hope that my hair will ever be what it once was and just accept this new baldy me? Id like people who have been in recovery and experienced what I'm going through to reach out to me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This is due to vitamin and mineral deficiency.
It will recover fully. I would suggest you to take multivitamins and zinc supplements to hasten the recovery.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.