Doctor,

I have been bulimic for 22yrs and have just been diagnosed with gallstones. I am awaiting surgery at this time due to the fact that there was no infection detected at this time. Does the bulimia have anything to do with the gallbladder complications? Also, are there any other symptoms besides fever of 102 & above that I should be looking for to indicate that I require immediate medical attention and should return to the ER? (Basically meaning it is about to rupture.) I have a Dr. apt on Tuesday in which he will be scheduling my surgery.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Certain food preferences can be linked to precipitation of gallstones, however if you are asymptomatic and advised surgery, go ahead with getting the surgery done as scheduled. Look out for danger signs like severe pain, vomiting, fever, etc. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gastroenterologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Bulimia is an eating disorder that affects people of all ages. But what are the characteristics of bulimia? And how do you know if you have it, or not?...
Bulimia is caused by social, emotional and psychological factors. But who is at risk of developing bulimia? And what factors make bulimia likely to develop?...
People with bulimia display a set of behavioral, emotional and physical signs. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of bulimia to help yourself or a loved one....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.