Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Bulging below right rib cage

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
User Profile
I have had a bulging below my right rib feels like a muscle spasm...i have had ultrasounds and blood work i have been told that i have a fatty liver could this be the cause of the bulge? i am tired of going from doctor to doctor and no one can find a cause..its very when i bend it presses against my rib cage, when i sleep i sleep on my belly this is the only way i can find comfory...when i use my right arm alot it gets worse, or if i over eat it seems worse can you point me in the right direction???

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2010
Gallbladder Disease Answer A15810
Hello there, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by bulge or lump below the right rib cage which is troubling you.
It would depend whether this lump was a part of the bone or soft tissue - this would involve a physician to examine you. Your description suggests that it might be a soft tissue mass.
Depending on what your physician finds, further imaging can be done with plain films or CT scans. If it is determined to be harmless, then you may be instructed simply to watch it.
The possibility of a gall bladder mass or mass originating from liver tissue has to be ruled out
Most soft tissue masses are benign - but without examining you, I cannot give any sure responses.
Followup with your personal physician is essential.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.