Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Bulge in upper stomach ,

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
I have just noticed there has been an bulge in my upper stomach. But when i tense (or flex my abs) my stomach becomes flat. But when i dont, you can kinda see the upper part of my stomach bulge out more than the lower.

Is this serious?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2010
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Answer A16350
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

What you have ‘a bulge between the umbilicus and the lower end of breast bone’ can be an epigastric hernia. The stomach or intestine bulge out through a weakening in the muscle wall. Please get a surgeon to examine this. Meanwhile do not lift anything heavy or push hard. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.