Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Bug bites that don't go away?

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Well, I moved to Florida 2 years ago, and prior to that (lived in northern states), I would get mosquito bites, they would itch, but then they would go away after awhile. After moving to Florida, I would get insect bites that looked (and felt) exactly like mosquito bites, but after a few days, it would become a bubble filled with clear liquid. My dad (a doctor) told me to put some antibiotics on it and then put a band-aid over that, and it worked. After putting antibiotics on for awhile, the bite would eventually pop, and after a few days, the liquid would be gone and there would only be a layer of wrinkled dead skin left. However, after a week of leaving a popped bite alone, it would stay as a red or white discoloration on my skin, and there are a few on my ankle and arm that will itch at random times. There is also one on my face that didn't fill with liquid, but it's stayed there, and as of now, it looks like acne, or a pimple, and it doesn't itch. Also, when the remaining bites begin to itch, the color deepens into a darker red. I recently asked a friend about it and she said that she has the same problem: Insect bites that don't go away, leave a mark, and itch at random times.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

From the description of the bite and the inflammatory reaction thereafter, it seems that you might have had a tick bite, which might have caused "erythema migrans" like rash.

You might consider consulting a dermatologist or your doctor doe definiteive diagnosis and specific treatment.

I hope this helps

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.