I have a new couch. lately every time I lay in one spot for a period of time, I get a bump on my skin similar to a mosquito bite. It usually happens on my lower back, and today on my lip. But it’s always whereever my skin is exposed and touching the couch. Never anywhere else. It’s never several “bites” just one. Could it be an allergic reaction to the fabric or a bug bite? (Cannot find any bugs and I have washed everything I could on my couch)
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF

I appreciate your concern,

I think you might be allergic to the fabric as a bug wouldn’t bite you in one place and also the same place which has been in touch with the couch.

You can apply calamine lotion on the affected area to relieve pain, irritation and swelling.Try to cover the couch with your usual home linen befor using it.

I hope it’s helpful,

Wishing you the best of health.


Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Skin Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.