Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Bubbles from anus ?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I am not sickly in anyway but I have a problem that worries me and is very troublesome.
Since the birth of my second baby last year april I have been getting many bubbles from the vaginal and anal area.I had an episotomy for both births, the first required many stitches the second was less stitches needed.I have read about the vaginal bubbles and are not concerned about them. I am concerned about the anal bubbles that are released when I just sit down or bend wearing tight jeans or just walking. The air bubbles do not smell, they are small bubbles one or a few at a time. I am not releasing does not feel like I am passing wind down and out of my anus.they just occur passively. What are these bubbles? am I releasing gas continously without me knowing or without me actively farting? or cud air get trapped in the entrance of my anus when i move and then just get released? mayb due to weak sphincter muscles from birth or not?Please help if possible.Am i farting cont?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2009
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A6196

The symptoms you reported might be related to weakened anal sphincter muscles due to the births. The bubbles might be actually gas but not in the regular quantity, so they are perceived as bubbles.
You might want to see if this happens more often when taking certain type of food and then avoid it. Taking carbo medicinalis might absorb the extra gasses, thus eliminating most of the bubbles. As for the weakened sphincter muscles, no medical treatment can be suggested.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.