User Profile
I discovered a small brown scab in my public area (to the right of my bikini line) about a month ago. I ignored it because its not causing any irritation, and I thought it would go on its own. Its however still not dissapeared.

The scab is about the size of a small freckle (but its not a freckle), and it is dug quite firmly into my skin. (I dont I have pubic lice because im a virgin, so I dont think I could of contracted them...also its not on a hair...its just dug into my skin).

I have two smaller looking scabs also on either side of my bikini line, they're similar to the one described above, but they arent dug as firmly into my skin. Again they arent on a pubic hair, and havent moved.

Because all the scabs are in the areas I shave I think I may have caused them by shaving...is this possible?
Do you have any idea what I may have? How can I get rid of the scabs?

Id ideally like not to go to a doctor because im FAR to embarassed! Thankyou!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2010
Skin Answer A11867
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am really glad to help you out.

The possibility of these scabs being produced due to a local injury due to shaving is quite high.

They should away gradually on their own. However, I’ll suggest using some oil like the hair oil locally to decrease the dryness.

You need not worry about them as it doesn’t seem to be anything serious.

However, I’ll suggest consulting a gynaecologist/dermatologist as it is not possible to make an online diagnosis. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.