I broke my 5th metatarsal when I was 15 yrs. old. I think it was an avulsion fracture with a piece completely separated but still in place. I am now 20 yrs. old and experiencing much pain frequently. It has hurt some over the years but has been getting worse. Should I be worried or is some pain normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i think in last 5 years bones have healed adequately. If the pain is still there, get it evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon, They will have a look at it and decide the plan accordingly. Use of NSAIDs and physiotherapy exercises to keep the range of mobility should be tried.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Broken Bones , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.