Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Broken Bones Forum

broke ankle in 2 places almost 8 weeks ago

I broke my ankle in 2 places almost 8 weeks ago, i had surgery day after the injury, ever since the accident my thigh has felt numb and itches, i told the surgeon about this twice now and he has no clue why im numb, should i see my regular doctor about this or is this just normal, ive never had a broken bone before so dont know what to expect, i start therapy next week, should i just wait and ask them, need advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Neurovascular injury associated with the fracture can present with parasthesia. There can be numbness tingling and hyperalgesia especially associated with nerve damage. Duloxetine or gabapentin along with vitamin B 12 and zinc supplementation can be advised in consultation with your doctor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Broken Bones , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.