Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

breasts as well as my armpits been hurting?

User Profile
I last had my period around March 9th, and it was regular. A week ago I thought I had found a lump in my one breast. I called and made an appt with a doctor for an examination, but it is not for another week and a half. The past few days both of my breasts have been hurting, as well as my armpits every once in a while. It's almost a very faint burning sensation. I have been on birth control for a few years. What could this mean? I research and see a lot of pregnancy signs. But I take birth control regularly and use a condom every time. Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2012
Breasts Answer A33272
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe could suggest pregnancy chances (possible due to contraceptive failure). The breast lump could be due to breast tissue response to hormonal changes, lipoma, abscess, fibroadenoma etc. You should consider getting the lump examined by your doctor/gynecologist and go ahead with further investigations (mammogram, ultrasound scan etc) to look for the underlying cause. Get started on treatment as indicated by examination findings and investigation results. If you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.