Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Breast soreness, just started taking RePhresh Pro B

User Profile
I have been on Depo Provera birth control for 7 years (never missed a shot) my next shot is due in three weeks, I am sexually active and I have been smoking socially for two years. I have had chronic bladder infections since I was 14 and (lately) vaginal infections. To battle the infections I've been back to my doctor countless times for antibiotics, though most of the time I have battled them myself herbally (drank so much cranberry juice I though I might turn purple...). My last pap came back abnornal (last December 2011) so I went in for a colposcy (sp?) and went through the whole barrage of std tests (this about three weeks ago) and, once again, I had nothing but a bladder infection and a mildly abnormal pap (doc said it was probably due to my smoking, he didn't seem worried...)

I have grown very very very tired of these issues coming back time and time again, I am 26 and I have a wonderful steady guy that I am living with and this has interrupted our sex lives time and time again (I experience pain and burning on and off again during intercourse which my doctor had little answer for... he seemed to figure it was caused by irritation from the bladder infections, quite frankly I have never got to enjoy intercourse because its painful so often...). Out of desperation I went online and found something I hadn't seen before called RePhresh Pro B. I've tried probiotics and lots of yogurt (organic plain) as well as liver and yeast cleanses to no avail in the past, infections just always came back. But I figured I had nothing to lose so I ordered and started taking the RePhresh Pro B four days ago. Immediately I got ichy like I was getting a yeast infection and yesterday my poor boobs hurt so bad I could barely touch them and they remain that way today as well. I haven't had a period for seven years (due to being on Depo Provera birth control). I have had breast tenderness in the past but only when I drank a huge amount of caffeine which I haven't done lately and I just cant see how I could possibly be pregnant.

Anyway, my question is could this be normal from the RePhresh Pro B? What is interesting is I have had intercourse since I started it and it felt better (though still really itchy) the pain and burning I had been experiencing was MUCH better. Could the RePhresh Pro B just be causing my body to kind of cleanse and my hormones to change? Could this be why my breasts are so sore?

Thank you guys in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You should consider stopping all medicine use, and allow your body to get back to normal. If needed, avoid the next Depo shot. Prolonged use of hormonal contraceptives can at times alter the vaginal pH and local environment that can make you susceptible to infections. The symptoms of pain during or after intercourse that you describe is also not normal and could suggest possibility of underlying causes like vaginal infection, injury, cervicitis, cervix erosion, pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the pain and symptoms that you describe. You can also consider taking a second opinion from another gynecologist. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. If infective cause is detected, and since you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.