Hi i am asking this question on behalf of my wife we have a kid almost 13 months old and she is breastfeeding non stop. Every thing was all right but a week ago she noticed a smal lump under the skin of right breast near areola and painfull too. After using antibiotics like ( sefixime) the pain is relieved but now the size of the lump is growing bigger and we are so concerned. Please do help us diagnose the problem.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Probably your wife has been developed a breast-mass composed of milk. This is not unusual in nursing mother.I understand that there is no pain but gradually increasing size of the mass is a concern.I suggest you to revisit your doctor again for an opinion.Often a small surgical incision over the swelling is needed to release the blocked milk inside.Meanwhile,ask her to apply hot compress over the breast thrice a day,continue the breast feeding and to wear a bit tight undergarments throughout the day.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breastfeeding and Nursing , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.