So after a two year relationship, I find myself single. Everything in this house though was ours. I'm having a hard enough time with that. It the bed especially- i bought it specifically for when he came over because he hates my other bed. He's the only guy I ever had in it. I've been sleeping on the couch for two weeks and it's kinda getting old. I want to go into bed but I'm scared. All of the memories start coming and then my anxiety goes through the roof. How do I get through this and get to sleep in my own bed again?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 15th, 2016
Active User, very eHealthy
I'd suggest starting slowly and progressing incrementally. Try sitting on the edge for awhile just to prove you can. Then maybe move to lay down on top during the day, clothed normally, and just breathe deeply and relax. If bad thoughts come, deliberately let them go. If it gets to be too much get up. Prove to yourself that you are really in charge and nothing bad happens. Eventually move to longer times. Then maybe you'll feel more comfortable taking back what's rightfully yours.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply