Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Breaking virginity ,

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
hi. i have a question regarding breaking virginity...the first time i had sex with my hubby, he penetrated, i felt pain and a little blood, we stopped as i couldnt continue,the second time, he fingered me,then he pushed his penis a little, i was bleeding a lot and it sores though he didnt penetrate much,we stopped immediately, and the 3rd time, as we wanted to start, i saw some spot,, so stopped. is it due to hymen break, or infection? should i see a doctor? or should i try again. i have to mention that all these happened in 3 days, and i stopped as soon as i felt pain or i saw blood, also, the pain and blood didnt continue. i would be thankful for ur adive

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A16294
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

This pain and bleeding is probably due to breaking of hymen. Give yourself a day or two to heal. The increase the foreplay slowly and let your husband first finger you and stimulate you well and then try insertion as he has been probably doing. Also you relax as after the first time of successful penetration it will be enjoyable. If still the problem persists consult a gynecologist. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.