Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Brain tumor , 33 year old male

User Profile
How possible is it that this is a brain tumor?

I’m a 33 year old male. I’m concerned about a recent MRI report. My Dr. called with the results and told me a spot was found on the MRI. He told me it is not cancer and to just have a follow up MRI in 12 months to be sure of no change. What can cause a spot?

MRI of the Brain without Contrast - Highlights
The ventricles and sulci are midly prominent for the patient's age, suggesting mild diffuse cerebral volume loss. There is a small focal area of abnormal increased T2 signal in the medial aspect of the anterior right temporal lobe. On T1-weighted imaging, this small focus of abnormal signal is slightly hypointense. This small lesion measures approximately 5 mm in diameter. No other white matter or gray matter lesions are identified.
Small focus of nonspecific abnormal increased T2 signal in the medial aspect of the right temporal lobe. Recommended in 6-12 months follow up, as a low grade glioma can have this appearance.

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....