hello, im a sixteen years old girl. about 6 months ago in July after spending a whole week of late night on the pc, i started getting headache and a pressure like feeling around my head, being a worry i googled brain tumor symptoms, thinking i had a brain tumor. i started to become convinced i had one. i became really destressed and i would cry a lot, my parents told me to stop googling symptoms because im a worrier. along with headache i also noticed i has sore shoulders and a soar neck, sometimes my back teeth were painful too. my mother massaged my shoulders and noticed i had a few tension knots. i had glasses when i was eleven years old for computers but never wore them, so my mother took me for an eye test. the optician was sure that the headache were caused by eye strain. bye eyes had gone slightly worse but not alot. just to be sure i done an eye test which checks for blind spots which indicates a tumor, but i was fine. still not conviced there was nothing wrong my mother took me to the doctors. before i went to the doctors i was crying, i kept saying to my mother what if something is wrong, i also felt sick, anxious sick. the doctor, checked behind my eyes for any pressure caused by brain tumors i was all clear, he also took my blood pressure and checked my pulse, he said it was beating so fast and he asked me what i was scared of i just broke down crying so conviced i had a brain tumor, he assured me nothing was wrong and that my muscles in my neck and shoulders were soar and my head because i was so tensed and stressed and working my self up that i didnt give them time to relax and to recover, he said i had tension type headaches. he asked me did i have any other fears, i have a huge fear of flying, when i get on a plane i feel sick for the whole time and get quiet destressed, this is how i felt. he gave me some ibruefoen (excuse my spelling) tabelts to take for my headaches. after a while i completly forgot about the brain tumor, i had a headache know and then but that was common for me. then about 4-5 weeks ago, i was plucking my eyesbrows one day when i looked up my nose and noticed it was red, i was conviced i had a nose tumor, i made my mother look up my nose with a torch, i even looked up hers, turned out it was just my nose, then i remembered the brain tumor, i developed a headache and a wierd feeling in my head, i also lost my apetite and after eating or drinking i felt quiet sick, my mother also noticed i had breathe, so she took me to the doctors, after hearing all my symptoms and look down my throat the doctor said i had a nasal drip and had a slight sinusitis infection, he gave me a 10 day course of antibiotics, and it went. in the doctors i was also very teary and destressed the doctor gave me some paramax for my headache and also adivsed that i down an anxiety managment course online, he said im one of those people who become convinced theres something wrong but even thou there isnt anything wrong i cant put it to the back of my mind and forget about it. then about 2 weeks ago i had the cold/flu, three days in to the flu that wierd feeling came back and ever since it hasnt gone. am i imagining things or have i got a brain tumor, i just cant stop worrying.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2011
18 views, yet no comments, anyone have anything that could help?
|

replied January 3rd, 2011
this might sound stupid but i forgot to add im Welsh, im acutally from Wales in the UK. i just thought id add this just incase we have different medication in the UK than America.
|

replied January 26th, 2011
Tension, anxiety
Dear Amy1994, I know how you feel for many reasons first because I am also 16 and I also get bad headaches too. I went to the doctor and he told me that I have tension headaches also because of stress, I was worried too about having a brain tumour, the symptom of a brain tumour has to have a headache in it but there is so much more, I noticed that the more you worrie the worse the headache gets, you should get CBT, cognetive behavioural therapy to help with your anxiety, you can keep me posted. I live in Canada.
|
Users who thank Cobyboy for this post: Amy1994 

replied February 4th, 2011
Yes, headaches are the most common symptom of a brain tumor, and to tell you the truth Amy1994, we are both teens, so we are younger and not as experienced, yes I was scared to about these headaches, but since the doctor thinks your okay, there is no need to worry, the most alarming and common symptoms of brain cancer are headaches, vomiting, seizures, psychological and memory changes.
|

replied April 19th, 2011
Any brain tumor is inherently serious and life-threatening because of its invasive and infiltrative character in the limited space of the intracranial cavity. However, brain tumors (even malignant ones) are not invariably fatal. Brain tumors or intracranial neoplasm’s can be cancerous (malignant) or non-cancerous (benign); however, the definitions of malignant or benign neoplasm differs from those commonly used in other types of cancerous or non-cancerous neoplasm’s in the body. Its threat level depends on the combination of factors like the type of tumor, its location, its size and its state of development. Because the brain is well protected by the skull, the early detection of a brain tumor only occurs when diagnostic tools are directed at the intracranial cavity. Usually detection occurs in advanced stages when the presence of the tumor has caused unexplained symptoms.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Brain is a very soft and spongy mass tissue.
|
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....