Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Brain tumor growing back?

My Mom had a benign brain tumor that was pressing on her optic nerve, removed back in January, and she had a three month scan in April; all was good except for a tiny little pineal cyst. In May, she began feeling pressure behind her eye like she did last year before she knew she had the tumor. She says it feels exactly the same as when the tumor was there before. My Dad just lost his job, so she hasnt been able to go back; she was due for a scan in October, but we're going to try and get her in before then.

Do you think that it could be nothing at all? I understand it's impossible to know, but is there any chance it could just be some sort of "phantom limb" kind of thing? Before, she lost vision in that particular eye, she hasn't this time around yet *fingers crossed*. She went to a neuro eye doctor last month who checked behind her eye and said it was all clear, whereas before when she was losing vision from the tumor, he could see a dark mark there.

Thank you for any advice and help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2019
Hey,a benign (non-cancerous) brain tumour is a mass of cells that grows relatively slowly in the brain. ... It won't usually come back if all of the tumour can be safely removed during surgery. If the tumour can't be completely removed, there's a risk it could grow back.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....