Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

brain mets gone - now in liver

My wife had breast cancer in 2003- masectomy, chemo (FAC & pacti taxel 4 cycles each) and radiotherapy. was good for over 4 years. Metastatic cancer in late 2007- mediasternal lymphnodes and bones. Took TCH (Her2 positive) upto March '09. Mets in brain as per PET Scan in May last year WBRT and XELODA- Tykerb therapy, both for 6 cycles and Tykerb alone after Dec '10. Now has mets in the liver, bone cancer intensity up, adrenal gland, perigastric lymphnodes,bilateral hilar lymphnodes.
Is it ok to restart XELODA along wih Tykerb again or should she take some other chemotherapy. 56 years old.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2010
I am very sorry to hear of your wife's advanced breast cancer, and I wish that I had something helpful to suggest to her. You did not mention whether or not her original breast tumor was sensitive to estrogen (or not), but if it was ER-positive, then she should probably be placed on an aromatse inhibitor.

As for recommendations regarding additional chemotherapy, only her treating medical oncologist would know which (if any) of her previous chemotherapies were effective, and so I cannot really offer you any specific advice on chemotherapy. (You might also ask your wife's oncologist about any clinical trials that she might be eligible for.)

I hope that you and your wife can find an effective therapy for her breast cancer.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.