Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Brain injury and weed for pain relief

A few days ago I fell about 12 feet and landed on the back of my head. I fractured my skull and had a small brain hemorrhage. There was no surgery and I was released after being watched for about 2.5 days. I completely fine other than my constant painful headache. I was given a medicine I think is called Forectin. It hasn't helped much with my constant headache and I was wondering if I could relieve the pain another way such as smoking pot?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF ,I have read your question and would like to help.

Marijuana/weed/CBD is known to help with pain but there are no scientific studies about it's efficacy, dosage or safety profile.
The possible side effects that you can experience are anxiety ,dizziness, moody etc
In long-term it can cause heart and lung problems.
There might be legal issues as it is not legal in several states.

If your headache is not controlled you should contact your healthcare provider and get another prescription.

Hope it helps and wish you good luck
Regards
Dr Khalil
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF ,I have read your question and would like to help.

Marijuana/weed/CBD is known to help with pain but there are no scientific studies about it's efficacy, dosage or safety profile.
The possible side effects that you can experience are anxiety ,dizziness, moody etc
In long-term it can cause heart and lung problems.
There might be legal issues as it is not legal in several states.

If your headache is not controlled you should contact your healthcare provider and get another prescription.

Hope it helps and wish you good luck
Regards
Dr Khalil
|
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.