Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Brain fog, disassociation, derealization, unaware for no reason?

The past few days have been a blur of existence..i feel like im not fully conscience and i just float through the day without purpose. Even if that purpose were to relax, i cant return to my normal state of mind. i havent been doing much, its winter break and its been raining since it started. I cant stand feeling this way; being numb to holiday cheer, the meaning of getting presents and being around family. i feel incapable of doing the slightest thing that requires a thought process. I feel as if i have lost all ability to think at least somewhat clearly, which i could just do a few days ago.

Its as if my mind plays tricks on me and i slip into this brain fog tthe second its triggered. And them it takes way to long to get out of the fog maze thats in my brain. I feel like im crazy but im not. Maybe i am? Sometimes i give up on being aware of these anxiety/depression feelings because that just increases them. What is this that just drives me deeper into the problem, every time i feel like im cured im not. i need a rope to climb out of ithis pit i continue to fall into.

Anyways i feel helpless. I thought this winter vacation would finally be rest and relaxation away from highschool. but its turned into a day to day, dreamy. major disassociative and unfocussed existence that i cant stand. Its like i never really woke up to face the day.

Will i ever understand this? Right now, im clueless. Theres no trauma in my life besides anxiety that could cause the derealization. How do i get out of it and prevent it from hapoening when there is no cause
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2010
Stay away from caffiene and get yourself a prescript for Zoloft. I know how you feel. Try to keep yourself busy...crossword puzzles, word-finds, etc. Reading. Take bubble baths---men can do this too! Eat lots of whole grain foods and drink milk! Those foods boosts seratonin--the happy chemical in your body. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Merry Christmas!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...