Ok, for ..what I would say has been close to a month at the maximum. I have been having an odd sort of pressure just what feels like on the inside of the skull. It may start whenever, but Ive noticed more often that its seems to occur more often when I'm reading, or working on something that may require thought processes at a rapid pace. To give you a brief history, my dad was in a horribly work related accident when I was in 10th grade in High School. I turned to things that made me feel better for the better part of around three years. THC, and MDMA on occasion, and pain killers. For close to a year now though Ive been doing good just going back to school to try and catch up on some classes, and working at my job with AT&T. Haven't been into anything illegal, or anything that could really harm my health for that matter. So its just been weird that lately Ive had this pressure come up, which sometimes if it lasts long enough may result in a sharp pain here, a sharp pain there, or a full fledge headache. Mom suggest that it could be this or that, such as sinus problems, or something similar. What concerns me though is that it seems to be when I'm .., well like I said participating in things like reading, or working on other things that involve rapid thought processes. For example. I may be reading, and then I will just start to skip and skim across words, jumping here and there, and not really focusing..like I knew I once did even in the peak of the time I was making poor decisions. Also when I'm trying to explain something to someone, its hard for me to stay on topic much, I may begin to explain one thing to you, and start to jump all over the place it seems, and in the end just lose where I was going with it. Things I do as of now consist of getting up in the morning, skipping breakfast about half the time, and for awhile drinking two Monster energy drinks to get my day started. Which I have done up until just recently. Since when I decided to start taking ginkgo Biloba for its "mental sharpness" and mega teen vitamins thinking this might help the problem I'm having. I have still noticed though with it only being about three days since I started cutting back on the energy drinks etc.. and taking vitamins that the pain still persists and its worrying me that I could have possibly brain damage to some degree. I hoping that I'm just completely wrong and there is a more logical explanation for the pain, pressure, and confusion I am having. If any of you have any thoughts or opinions please to feel free to express them with me, as I am grateful for any, and I mean ANY insight you might have.

-IllusionalSky
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 22nd, 2008
hmm
MDMA and THC are most likely not the culprit... all i know is there is such thing as bad E and it can end up killing you... Its actually an imitation form of ecstasy called PMA and i think it can cause brain damage... type "PMA Brain Damage" in google...

"Also when I'm trying to explain something to someone, its hard for me to stay on topic much, I may begin to explain one thing to you, and start to jump all over the place it seems, and in the end just lose where I was going with it."

To me it sounds like your anxious... But i have noticed when im umm uhhh lets just say if i have THC in my system, sometimes i do the same thing :]

I would say try to drink a lot of water... like only drink water, and eat healthy and if the problem persists you should go to the doctor... or if its pretty bad now you should go see a doctor now... Better safe then sorry
|

replied April 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
opinion
if your still smoking then yes that might be the reason for the lack of concentration. Im not against it, far from it and i mean far from it. Im not smoking at the moment, for personal reasons not pshycological. Also it might be as simple as a lack of something like an iron deficiency. Try as said,drink a lot of water but try it with fresh ginger and lemon. If that doesnt work then definately seek help. Just off-hand, are you overweight??
|

replied April 22nd, 2008
Thanks
No, not overweight. I would say Im fairly average. I do appreciate your thoughts, and opinions though. So for the past couple of days here though, I have been rocking a serious headache, or a lingering one atleast. .. I just dont get this. Im gonna have to schedule an appointment with my doctor I think. If anyone has any other thoughts, they are greatly appreciated.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...