Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Brain Cancer Question

User Profile
Hello my name is Brandon. And I recently felt a sort of firm bump on my head. It's not to big it's rather small. It's towards the middle right side of my head, about half an inch away for my ear (but not behind my ear). It doesn't it hurt when I apply pressure to it nor am I witnessing any perculiar symptoms. It's starting to concern me and I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2016
Brain Cancer Answer A57727
hello and welcome

your concern is appreciated

it can be epidermal cyst or pilar cyst commonly called sebaceous cyst; scalp, face , ears, back, upper arm are common sites for it. they are mobile , round and smooth to touch and contain fibrous tissue, fatty keratinous substances and serosanginous fluid The cause is block sebaceous gland, swollen hair follice. if it gets infected and painful then surgical excision is the treatment. if its not increasing in size and not painful then it can be left alone. apart from this it can be enlarged lymph node. u/s of the selling can be done to look whether its cystic or solid mass.

hope it helps
thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.