User Profile
I am a 52-year old mental health therapist. I have emotional and physical issues that point towards my brainstem. However, over the last 15- years i get categorized as having depression (even though referred to as atypical) or anxiety. I come from family physical and emotional abuse and possible TBI from a car accident in 1973 and my teeth knocked out in 1976 by a baseball bat. So I appreciate the arrows are all pointing towards a simple diagnosis. However, I have had lower neck and shoulder pain since 18 that have come up negative on MRI\'s. I have daily GI issues (one normal movement in the mornings and then constipation in the evenings), I have been on every SSRI, SNRI, Trycyclic, and even antipsychotics without any change. I have done neurofeedback, QNRT, Ketamine, and psychotherapy...no change. I can have sex with my wife and orgasm and 5 minutes later cannot stop crying. I usually go to bed feeling better but wake up highly anxious or tearful. Insurance refused sleep study. Help

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2019
Hello and welcome to ehealth forum.

History of family abuse , emotional instability , aches and pains without any obvious cause ,altered bowel movements etc all these point towards psychological disorder such as depression.
If your current medications are not helping contact your doctor as finding the right balance of medications in tricky and key in managing depression.
Apart from meds ,you can do CBT and life style modifications.
Exercise regularly, specially early morning workout is known to relax mind
Take balanced diet ,form a supportive network ,find someone you can talk to like a close friend or a family member ,meditate ,do yoga

I hope this helps and wish you good luck
Stay in touch with your health care provider as EHF is only for educational purposes.
Regards
Dr Khalil
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.