User Profile
Greetings,
I wish to ask you for advice regarding a matter.
This happened to my nephew recently.
He's 7. He and his brother accidentally headbumped each other when trying to pick something up the same time.
The hit was on the top of his forehead (which is AFAIK like to strongest part of the skull).
The collision did not hurt him at all, not the place of contact, no headache whatsoever. There was no bump on his scalp afterwards.
No loss of conciousness, no dizzyness, no difficulties in execution etc etc so basically no symptoms -
except that for like a second his vision darkened (and immediately returned to normal), in the same fashion when you suddenly stand up. (He knows about that symptom as he had it once).
Why do you think this happened? Do you think there was some injury to the brain afterall? Or was it just the impact shaking his eyes?
Thank you for the answer.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2018
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A63966
Hello and welcome,

I appreciate your concern,

If the pupils of both his eyes appear normal,he is not complaining of blurred or double vision out of one or both eyes then he most probably is fine.

If there was any brain damage,he would have shown symptoms of it by now.

The sudden darkening and then immediate return to normal vision could be due to loss of balance or the loss of blood supply for a quick second,which also happens when we stand up too quickly and brain is not fully perfused at the moment.

In my opinion it was just the bump causing him lose balance and not some brain damage.

I hope this is helpful,

Wishing you the best of health.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.