Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Brain abnormalities and brain tumors

User Profile
Is there any other things this could be other than a tumor? IF so what and what are the precentages?
Thanks for your help!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2008
Brain Cancer Answer A4634
Current medical status: i have had migrained over the last few years. The last two week I have had a constant headache, come and goes as far as intesitiy. Along with that the last 2-3 days I am loosing loss of word, confusion, tingling arms and face. I went to the er- they did a ct scan and he said the right iac is a significantly larger that than the other, suggesting I have a small right sided tumor causing widening - he set me up to see a neurologist and have an MRI done.
Current medical treatment: ct should right iac is significantly larger than left. have MRI set up and an appt with neosurgeon

Any brain issue that causes such an appearance on a CT-scan is very likely to be a tumor. It could be a neurinoma of the acoustic nerve. Another question is if the tumor is benign or malignant.

You probably should consult a neurosurgeon about this problem.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.