Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

boyfriend scratching a wound on private part?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
My boyfriend has, i really don't what exactly it is but his private part has a wounds.. actually it's not wound. i don't what to call it. around his penis, up to buttocks part is affected. I always caught my boyfriend scratching his private part. But I don't think its a STD, it's just maybe his skin is moisten and allergy. please help me. i will select the personal data for my boy friend.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2012
Skin Answer A33237
Welcome to e health forum.

Without a clear examination, it is very difficult to pinpoint the actual issue here.

But the area of involvement extending from the penis, scrotum, the perineal area upto the anus, along with itching can be due to conditions like eczema, fungal infections (Tinea Cruris).

Tinea cruris also called Jock itch, is a fungal infection of the groin area. The fungus thrives in warm moist areas, and can be triggered by friction from clothes and prolonged wetness in the groin area. The condition presents with itching and red raised, scary patches in the affected area.

The condition can be treated with topical medications containing miconazole or clotrimazole.

Other conditions that can present with itching in the groin can include lichen simplex chronicus, pubic lice, chemical irritation, etc.

Hence your boyfriend should consult with his doctor, at the earliest for a physical examination and proper advice.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.