Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Boyfriend has cancer ,

User Profile
My boyfriend has cancer and has had it for several years now. At the end of last year he would talk to me about little things going on with him here and there and now he won't really talk to me about it at all. He says that he doesn't want to feel like a charity case and have people feeling sorry for him and to let him deal with this on his own. I want to be his support system and be able to talk to him about all this but he keeps pushing me away. What do I do?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2010
Bone Cancer Answer A16022
Thanks for using this forum.....

Its a nice thing to help somebody but it feels horrible if you are always looking at him with that sympathetic look...thats is what pushes him off....well i suggest that you become absolutely normal with him and ignore his cancer as if he is normal....that will be the best gift and talk about it when he wants to do that ,.....

take care...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.