Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

both legs fully swollen, he bleeds water from scratches

User Profile
What will happen if you don't treat water retaination? A family member is fully swollen in both legs up to the thighs and now his entire stomach/gut region is starting to become full of water, he bleeds water from scratches on his skin now and is not willing to seek help at all. All of this occured in the past month . What will happen to his body? Will he fill up with water eventually? Should I expect his kidneys to become damaged over time? I mean he feels no pain with the water building up so I'm curious now what to expect.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2016
Diabetes Answer A55693
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. This is a medical emergency and needs inpatient care and work up to sort out as this could represent multi organ failure. Get the patient to a hospital.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diabetes
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.